Tuesday, September 27, 2005

a pure poetic morning/Jasmine Thighs, Brittle Things and Time Kings

Jasmine Thighs

jasmine thighs and tender lips.
the sound of a seven minute sigh.
the missing piece for my release:
the earth, the sea, the sky.

kiss me as a question mark.
stark and without hesitation,
for I am hungry for a dancer's answer,
to be part and party to passions won.

lay with me, play with me,
but in the sense of an earnest heat,
surrendering to a sweet theocricide
in merging flesh and fair heart's heat.


brittle things and time kings

time has flown and I have grown
ancient to the child that I recall.
crawling forth, heading North,
seeking answers from before the fall.

iridescent peasants
dance for me and spawn
a new reflection, a resurrection
of what I had thought was gone.

brittle things and time kings
litter the path I have trod.
doubts that stick in fogs so thick
I lose sight of self and God.


William F. Devault. all rights reserved.

* * * * * * * * *

Interesting morning...just wrote those two pieces. Wonder where my head is at?

Got my weekly report from freefind, which shows what search arguments have been used on the internal search at www.CityOfLegends.com - the usual bunch of platitudinous searches for sex and love poems and mythological allusions and - hold on, what's this - a name.

Lusebrink.

Wow. An agent evocateur comes calling.

Someone out there knows a name to search for. I wonder if it brings anything up...I think the specifics of that name are not mentioned on any of the indexed pages, but seeing as a major portion of my poetic history springs from that family, no wonder someone came looking for them on my site.

I wonder who. I think the only hit they'd get is "theocricide at Mach 10e6" which was written in the emotional aftermath of the death of Mary Wiles Lusebrink, who was to have been my Mother-In-Law, if I had kept faith with her daughter, Nancy, who was my totem known alternately as Psyche and The Electric Lady. Two other daughters of Mary made it into my firmament: Amy (yes, the same Amy Lusebrink who put out a book of Celtic designs, she was a good artist) who is known as Arachne (a minor muse, mentioned only once) and Aurora, the subject of my work "virgin's dawn".

Talk about blasts from the past. Last I heard, Amy was in Japan, Aurora was living somewhere here in Morgantown and Nancy was still happily married and living in Atlanta.

Of course, this pales beside the time a few weeks back when I got my listing of search arguments and "Alisha Blomker" was in there...which tells me that either she herself or someone who knows our obscure past came to look for carrion. That got inside my head and stuck for days.

I am always delghted when I am recalled. Preferably fondly, but at all is sufficient.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved