Thursday, September 08, 2005

One Week Left in the Blog Editing Contest

One week remains to win yourself am autographed copy of THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES. Details in earlier posts...

Got a follow up note from a friend of my ex-Mother-In-Law from down in Southern Mississippi. We have shared contact information, what little we have. I have come to realize just how little of hard facts I've had over the last several years. Strange. I know names of some relatives, but not exactly where they live. Makes hunting people down to confirm fates in the aftermath of Hurrican Katrina (and the Waves) difficult.

Of course, having been asked to not initiate contact, for fear of creating a domestic issue between Ann and her flavour of the week, makes it all the more perversely constrained. And I have been learning, once again, how much I hate artificial barriers.

A long time ago, I wrote this:

"Experience feeds memory.
Memory leads to knowledge.
Knowledge is power.
Power is the ultimate currency of survival.
Anyone who denies me experience, memory, knowledge or power is stating I have no right to survive."

I guess I should have been a better steward of my life.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved