Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Why I Hate Editing

I've gone on the record before as hating to edit.

It's simple: It is not something I do all that well (for a short list of things I do well, read some of my poetry, or sleep with me), especially with my own works, as I tend to skim over familiar material and miss obvious problems. Then, I have failed the primary task: To catch the typos.

That's why doing my last book, The Compleat Panther Cycles, as a dual pain in the rump. First off: When I read my works I relive them. Going through that era of my life with all the pain and bagagge is a torment. Secondly, I hate editing (see above).

Needless to say, this is one of the reasons why I am right now audtioning editors for my next book: theocricide.

In other news: Two "reality" competitions wound up last night: Rock Star: INXS and Big Brother 6.

I was mildly disappointed in both finales. There have long been rumours that the INXS competition was already wired for JD, the rest was just show and pretense to serve as a long form ad for their next CD. BB6? Neither of the finalists deserved to be there, but since it was between Ivette and Maggie, I felt that Ivette, whose need was greater, and whose self-absorption and deceit was somewhat the lesser of the two evils, should have won. The two big winners turned out to be two losers: Janelle and Kaysar, both of whom acquitted themselves well and can use this platform as a springboard to bigger and better things.

Well, I have things to do...including review edits of the new design for the website, which goes live in 13 hours.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved