Sunday, September 25, 2005

books for Gulf Coast libraries

If anyone out there knows any good charities that are looking for books to distribute to public libraries damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, drop me a line...I'd like to donate some books of mine to the cause.

In a perfect world, I'd like to just ship the case to one locale for distribution, but if I have to send the books one at a time, so be it. Also, next Spring I already had plans to pass through the area on my tour, and would like to volunteer my time to assist any fundraisers, or to hold one for libraries in the Southern Mississippi or New Orleans area...I was a guest of the Mississippi Library Convention two years back and was one of the host of the Mississippi Gathering of Poets the same year (similar groups in West Virginia still ignore me, "a prophet is not without honor...")

And I stand ready to donate a handful of autographed copies of some of my books for fundraising auctionf or the cause...legitimate organizations only, I will have you checked. Of particular interest are any charities related to schools, animal shelters or libraries in the Bay St. Louis - Pass Christian area. I've spoken in their schools and visited their libraries before, and used to work with Friends of the Animals.

On the topic, anyone know the fate of Da Beach House in Bay St. Louis? I used to read there with the local poets' group.

Hi, Peri...your father loves you very much. Tell Brian I said hello...I am right now working on your joint Christmas present.

Teri, you've been awfully quiet. So have you, Nancy. Patience may be the final virtue earned or learned, but eventually wisdom trumps the folly of infinite patience. Camille, your gift is in the mail.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved