Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tuesday Morning Rant

Head is a little fuzzy this morning, must be the weather. I wonder what it feels like to be hung over. I never have been, never plan to be, but I hear it is even more unpleasant than a sinus headache. That people would inflict that upon themselves is ridiculous. I wonder if future generations will look ta us as the moron society we are, spending billions of dollars a year on our legal drugs to either help us get over our inhibitions (alcohol) or make us feel less awkward (tobacco). Children, we are all children. And ill-tempered ones at that.

I recalla friend who had been "clean" for a half decade and how her own family complained that she wasn't as much fun, now that she didn't party. "Yes, please, dear sister, die for my amusement" - was what they were saying, when you come to the nubs. I wonder if part of the problem was she had never let her family know how bad she had gotten. Coming from a family that celebrates alcohol as a rite of passage (I was told I was suspect because I didn't drink) and a sacrament of daily life, I can only hope she has gained enough sense in the last few years that she can shield herself from those social forces that almost killed her last time. If not, I hope I am not invited to the funeral, I would not be able to hold my tongue and I am not sure they would want to hear my indictment of their abuse of her.

Wow. We are a disease of a culture. No wonder we are so beloved overseas. The emotionally retarded guy with the biggest house, the biggest car and the biggest gun. Armament is not a virtue, at least not in any version of the Holy Bible I read. Of course, virtue is such a touchy subject.

Back to the day. Got a bunch more done on the website redesign...we are now down to abut 37 hours before I swap out the old for the new...

Tonight is the final competition for Rock Star: INXS. I was disappointeed to see the last woman depart last week...but I understand that the band is more a testosterone thing. I'm hoping for a Marty win, but know I have no say in it...

"Lost" comes back tomorrow...yeah! Of course while all this swirls around me I have all these thousand of little projects I've thrown my hat into...Evangeline Lilly from that show is almost a dead ringer for a woman from my past: Arachne. Maybe I should be talking to someone about making "Wings as Often Leathery as Feathery" as a movie, instead of "The Compleat Panther Cycles".

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved