Tuesday, September 20, 2005

an embarrassment of personal riches

An embarrassment of riches on a personal connection level. Not only have I, within the last day or two, heard from half of my friends on the planet (still no word from Stephanie and no direct word from the Diamondhead gang)...but out of nowhere, some ancient voices revived.

There is this marvelous lady I know out West who almost ended up being the model for the cover of The Compleat Panther Cycles. Beautiful and classy...Camille is a nice person in general...she popped out of the woodwork today, just to say hello.

Meanwhile, a strange case. There was this young writer who used to hang around the old, original Romantic and Erotic Poetry Group on AOL when I founded it and hosted. She was in her early teens, but she was always asking to read these perversely erotic works she was writing...well written work, but it made us all a little squeamish to have a 13 year old girl keep coming in, asking to share her observations on sex. In the first person.

Well, we ran into each other online. She's now 21 and living in...drum roll please...Venice Beach. MY Venice Beach, just a few blocks from where I sat when I ran the old R&E sessions. Bizarre!

Caught "Transporter 2" the other nght with my lovely friend Maggie. Tag and I have to get together later this week for me to start looking at his book's manuscript.

Add to that my recent reconnects with Alan, Lenny, the goddess Brigit and the lusty, trusty Selke and I'm up to my eyeballs in old friends. Now all I need is for Anastacia to shake loose her friend "Legs" and I'm going to have to start hiding from life.

I just finished the final page edits on the new site design. Argh. I hate editing. That's what I have E.J. for. Now I have to review the front end changes and we can launch the changes tomorrow evening...go to the website after 9 pm, Eastern Daylight Time at http://www.cityoflegends.com to see the new, lean, clean city...with hundreds of works and more to come.

Two new additions, on request, to the podcast recording sessions: "Sacred Smile" and "Cartouche". Looking forward to trying to live up to those two.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved