Monday, December 19, 2005

tell me why I do like Mondays...

It's Monday...Moday...glorious Monday....(happy dance)

Okay, my view is different from most...Monday is the day when I am not scheduled for any "clock" work but that stores/offices are open.

One thing you have to understand about Morgantown. We're still boondocks in many ways. I know restaurants that do not open on Sunday. Imagine that...the #1 food day at many establishments, and you don't open on that day (I hear it is a combination of the difficulty in getting people to work and the fact that alcohol sales are restricted on Sunday in West Viriginia)...and since many of the local "restaurants" are really just bars using the food clause to get around zoning standards...well, you get the idea.

So, a day when everything is open is like Disney World for me.

Got a couple of hits the other day from someone looking up the keywords "Cinderella" and "Naked" on Google. It's normal. I got a nastygram a few years ago from a teenage boy who was upset that similar search to him to my poem "Even Cinderella Gets Naked". Stop scowling (or leering) it is not a dirty work, it merely makes the point that even fairytales romances have three dimensions. He was annoyed that there were no pictures. I wrote him back, explaining that if he turned off the computer, went outside, and spoke to people he'd find his own naked Cinderella one day. Three dimensional. Never heard back from him.

Maybe it worked for him.

Will be laying down the base tracks for this weekend's episode of FROM OUT OF THE CITY. I was very pleased with the results of last week's show, am looking forward to seeing what Tag has up his sleeves.

Looking to leave my link on more places where people might be looking for poetry podcasts.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved