Monday, December 19, 2005

My Christmas Wish List for 2005

Okay, to add my two cents worth of greed and avarice for the season...here's what I'd wish for if I felt it would do any good:

1. A good gig for New Years Eve for my readings.
2. A phone call from a beloved muse.
3. A glowing review of any of my books in a major publication.
4. Late delivery of a box of stuff of mine that is NOT at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.
5. A new muse (not necessary if I get #2, but...)
6. A job. In Los Angeles. Or, conversely, a substantial advance on a screenplay adaptation of "The Compleat Panther Cycles" - I hear she married a screenwriter...maybe he'd like to do the first draft.
7. A reconcilation with my daughter.
8. An avalanch of last-minute pre-Christmas orders of TCPC.

No, it's not a big of gold and a copy of Prince's latest CD...but it is the stuff of which a worthy life is made. Memories, love, validation, irony.

Life is good.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved