Monday, December 12, 2005

Note to those behind latest phishing scam

eBay at least knows how to punctuate a business letter, dunderheads.

If you are going to go phishing, at least learn to use basic English...oh, and Macs display the actual address on your clickable links (another excellent reason to use a Mac)...so I know you're not with eBay, PayPal or any of the half-dozen banks you're tried to claim to be (besides, I have never banked with any of those...nice try, though, morons)

I'd post the link you sent me, here, but some poor soul might actually get suckered in by you leeches, and I don't want that to be on my conscience.

The rest of you, be careful out there...you never know who is using your email address...I knew a guy who a couple of years ago voted for me in the Preditors and Editors online readers poll...no problem. But he actually gave himself a new email address just for the vote, to hide his real name. Within a few months he was on half a dozen mailing lists, mostly cheap watch knockoffs and stock scams. He finally shut it down.

Be careful how you use your email address, who you give it to and what you respond to. Even organizations and businesses that don't sell or share lists sometimes get plundered.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved