Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Convenience Store and the Poetry Tour

Finished the edits on Tag's episode of FROM OUT OF THE CITY to be released on the 24th.

It came out well, and I had a blast. We discuss everything from therapeutic catharsis via poetry to the influences of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby on our works, and Dan gets to read about a half dozen of his works.

Me? I get to do "the garden of souls" about the 1997 Southern Poets Reading Tour, where Cliabourne Schley Walsh hosted a dozen of the most gifted wordsmiths I will ever have the honor to share a stage with, including Loki, Ruth Solomon and Robin Travis (now Robin C. Travis-Murphree, the editor of Poetic Voices)...I slept in the upstairs hall, on a pallet of blankets, with my assistant...some girl named Ann who was going to play a role in my next few years of life.

And no, I did not sleep with all the women on the tour. Just a few. Actually, just the blondes. So sue me.

I gave one of the best reads of my life, at the Fairhope Arts Center...Loki had chewed my ass for an indifferent performance the previous day, so I brought it. Damn near killed me, turning myself inside out for the audience. But the troops were dazzled.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved