Thursday, December 01, 2005

Next Week at the Book-n-Bean AND ArtsMon spreads the words

ArtsMon picked up the story about my going iTuney...
Poet William F. DeVault Featured on iTunes

and next Friday I'm going to be performing at the Book-n-Bean in Fairmont, West Virginia...

yes, I know, I am semi-retired from readings, but a) a pretty girl asked and b) it is for charity. I'll fill you all in more on b) as soon as I get all the details. I'm considering recording it for use in a future broadcast.

Orders are coming in, sporadically, from people wanting to buy books for Christmas...most will wait until a week before the holiday, then try and get me to send them off, immediately...

No way. I'm not a warehouse, when people order from City of Legends' bookstore, in most cases I have to place an order, get it, autograph it then turn it around...this adds a coupld of days to the process as upposed to if you ordered it from Amazon online...but I offer my flagship book (The Compleat Panther Cycles) at ten bucks less than them, I ship all my books for free and autograph them as well...so NYAH!

I'll probably arrange to do gift notices so that people can tell their lovers/spouses/IRS agent that the book is on order, but is backordered and will arrive a few days late...I'll take the blame for their procrastination. Yes, I'd seel more if I was int he stores, but...the bite that the middleman takes is unacceptable.

I've talked before about starting a combine of writers who will be their own distribution channel...you get up to a large enough critical mass and it would have a profound impact.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved