Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Same words, other voices.

Okay, here's my other "brave and crazy" idea for the moment...

I want to do a show of FROM OUT OF THE CITY without my voice.

I want the intro, the readings amd everything to be done by other people from my life and history. My words, their voices...I want to get some of my totem muses to read works...whether about themselves of other muses. I want to get Jan Innes, who helped me to create "glass roses" to read it...I want Stephanie Fenter, who did the cover photo for "Love Gods..." to read either from it or about our mutual past love interest.

I want my ex, Jan, to read anything she wants (I try not to argue with her)...although I think anything about our kids would be great.

And if you think I'm masochistic enough to let E.J. do the booking, you're nuts...he'd look up people I have no desire of knowing the fates of (he keeps trying to get me to read a blog he found that he swears is being written by the panther...and he calims to have found contact info on Alisha...I think he just wants me to kick his ass someday. Which, Quaker or not, I just might.)

I want to find people I haven't heard from in years...and get them to commit to two minutes of air time. Then I edit it all together. That would be a hoot...

Of course, to engage my puckish sense of humour...here's my dream list (I won't get any of these, but we shall see...)

Alisha reading "cithara song, strummed lightly as the sun leaps the horizon" or "dram"
The Goldenheart reading "The Patchwork Skirt of My Love"
Psyche reading "Sons of Soft Sin" or "The Unicorns"
Jan (Valkyrie) reading "Phobos and Deimos" and "Peri at 16"
The Selke reading "the bravery implicit in a kiss"
Brigit reading "Eyes of Stained Glass and Fire" or "Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion"
Jan Innes reading "glass roses"
The Panther reading "Shadows in the Shade"
The Leopard reading "Chrysalis"
Larry Jaffe reading "City of Angels"
Dan McTaggart reading "Horizon"
The Mad Gypsy reading "copper"
Anastacia reading "Sex Cookies"
Claibourne Schley-Walsh reading "We Owe Debt to Memory"
Arachne to read "Arachne and Red Lace"
Pat Robinson to read "Penance"

I can think of several others I'd love to have read for it: Deborah Atherton, Dave McCoy, Tom Peters, Aldo Alvarez, Gaby...the list is nigh unto infinite...

ah, but it is a dream.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved