Monday, December 19, 2005

gorgeous blonde dance instructors of yore

an old friend from high school came by this afternoon.

correction:

it sounds better if I say "a gorgeous blonde dance instructor whom I happen to have known for years dropped by this afternoon" (Just as true, but far more intriguing...nah, don't go there, she recently got engaged to a very prominent doctor...I don't even think about that sort of trespassing anymore...besides, I've never messed with engaged women...only single and married ones...)

Yeah, that's the spirit.

Anyway, by the time she had left she had bought out my remaining pre-Christmas stock of books. Yeah! Now I don't have to worry about how to hustle those out...I hate selling books.

She did comment, nicely, I could use a make over. Hmmm...I'll do that as part of my New Year's move...

We also talked about high school and some of the people we knew "back when"...including her mystery as to why she had never been nominated for "Miss Mohigan". She was a knockout back then, and was one of the leaders of the modern dance club at Morgantown High, the Junior Orchesis. It seems she was not aware that she had that mystique that everyone assumed she was already unavailable. I knew of guys who wanted to ask her out, but figured someone like her already had a boyfriend, and he was probably a starting quarterback for a pro football team and rich.

So, guys, the next time you hesitate asking out a girl you figure has to be unavailable, just make sure before you pass up what might have been something good. God knows I should have, more than once.

Also, if you have not yet purchased a copy of the Appalachian Education Initiative's "Art&Soul"...you should, profiles and pictures of 50 creative artists who have roots in West Virginia...from Jennifer Garner to Don Knotts to Homer Hickam to me...

also, Kathey Mattea, Brad Paisley, Ted "Lurch" Cassidy, Chris Sperandio, Brad Dourif, Squire Parsons...and the list goes on and on and on.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved