Saturday, December 31, 2005

grumpy, but resolute...Happy New Year...almost...

grumpy this morning.

the leg cramps are gone, but now I have the whole update to my podcasts...the RADIO CITY OF LEGENDS page and the RSS for the show, FROM OUT OF THE CITY...as archive.org moved stuff around on their servers (their right, but inconvenient) I shall investigate finding a place to put my soundfiles more under my control.

Had a nice chat with Tag yesterday about an assortment of topics, from the concept behind THEOCRICIDE (the new book) to recent trends in Spider Man comics.

Hey, I said it was an assortment.

I have to watch myself for now...C.S, Lewis said, through Screwtape, that there is a marked tendency when others speak ill of you to take the attitude that, if I am going to be tarred by the label anyway, to resolve to become a ram instead of a lamb...but what lesson is that for my children and my readers if I break? What sustained me in the darkest days of Venice was my sense of obligation to higher purpose than myself...it sustains me now.

What do those without purpose do when the shadows lengthen? I have seen it all around me. Rather than building, you tear down. Rather than healing, you infect. Rather than embracing, you strike out. We are a reprobate species, to say the least. It has been suggested I change the title of my memoir from WINGS AS OFT LEATHERY AS FEATHERY to DREAMS OF THE DAMNED. More brutal, but it shifts the focus from me to others, and although I come off as a flawed and unheroic individual, just trying to discover and do the right thing while dealing with some incredible lapses of my own judgement, I stand by my twin notions that 1) An honest man cannot be the hero of his own memoir, and 2) People will believe anything, if it is in their own best interest to believe it... so all I can do is speak the truth, which invariably ticks off people a lot.

Sparks and flecks of a new series of erotic poems started coming to me last night. Some of them will undoubtably find their way into 101 GREAT EROTIC POEMS (later in 2006).

I got some of the updates cleared up for the 'City broadcasts, the Nordette Adams, Daniel S. McTaggart and main weekly show broadcasts are now properly updated...now maybe I can turn this into a blessing and clean out the excess soundfiles!

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved