Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Wishes to All

Merry Christmas, all.

A special Merry Christmas to:

My daughter, Peri, and her fiance, Brian. Hope you get everything you want or need in the coming year.

My sons, Dante and Elric...so proud of you, both. Have a great season.

My ex wives, Jan and Ann. Who'd have thunk I'd have a better relationship with the one than the other, after all the smack that's been talked. I guess words, to some people, are just words. Sigh.

My Mother and Father, my brothers and sister. My nieces and nephews.

My Grandmother, Glada Hickman. Tough as they come and 93 years old.

To those I have loved. To those I will love. To everyone.

A joyous season of hope and faith.

I've had a good year. Lost a few people out of my life, but found a few, as well. Published three books (three books!), started my podcasts and was honored by the Appalachian Education Initiative.

I've had a year better than some people's lives. And...this is just the feeling out process for next year...and next decade.

Next year, I gain a new son. I fall in love. Two new books. Someone from my past re-enters my life. I learn a hundred new things. I move, I prosper. I write something that amazes me.

and the night blooming jasmine fills my sky again.

Wow...can't wait.

2 comments:

Ms. Adams said...

Merry Christmas to you too, William. :-) I listened to Daniel's interview at Radio City of Legends. Really wonderful stuff. You were right: "Song of the Spoon" is pretty cool. I liked the whole show, but found your talk with him about the influence of comic books on his writing and your vocabulary interesting. I remember hearing of the controversy back in the day about whether people should let their children read comic books. Do you know if anyone's done a study or written any essays on today's writers of substance whose writing has been influenced by reading comic books in their youth? It would make a provocative piece.

Ms. Adams said...

PS: I told you I was going to use that word: lambent. In this case, I used lambency. Recognition

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved