Sunday, December 25, 2005

oh...and the Wikipedia link

I also thought I'd go ahead and post the Wikipedia link about me...not great, not bad...but about 99% accurate, and that's good.

William F. DeVault

If you're not familiar with the Wikipedia, you should check it out...a recent study indicates that it is, remarkably, to be considered as accurate as the Encyclopedia Brittanica, despite the fact that just about anyone can wander in and edit articles...usually gross errors are identified and corrected pretty quickly (E.J. tells me he checks about once a week for vandals on the piece about me...and he even submitted a change to it once...don't recall what it was about, I try to stay away from my publicity).

I am a little concerned that many of the people who said they'd record readings for this coming weekend's show are going to drag in late with their works...some of the first to promise contributions I haven't heard from since then...

erk

uh oh, Top Ten List coming on...

TOP TEN PUBLIC MISPERCEPTIONS ABOUT ME

10. I prefer blondes. (Au contraire, I have only dated two blondes in my life, both were disasters in their own ways.)
9. I hate most modern poets. (Nope, I hate most modern POETRY. Most modern poets are just messengers of mediocrity.)
8. I'm a self-righteous, egotistical loon. (On the contrary. Er, come to think of it, no, that's right...)
7. I hate to travel. (Nope, love to travel, just can't afford to as much as I'd like.)
6. I'm a habitual adulterer. (No, again...seriously, even more than a year after our divorce I have yet to "cheat" on my second wife. I was a schmuck in my first marriage, althugh there was that 15 year stretch between stupid moments.)
5. I don't like country music. (No, I just don't hear much anymore...and putting steel guitar behind recycled second-string pop tunes does not make for country music.)
4. I'm a love addict. (Bingo, but I am in recovery...just keep me away from brilliant, beautiful women. What am I saying!!??)
3. I only drink Diet Dr. Pepper. (Nope...I am off the evil toxin known as Aspartame and the DDP people haven't yet switched over...I now do Diet Coke with Splenda and Pepsi One for my carbonated caffeine fix.)
2. My poems are my children. (No, my children are my greatest creations, my poems are a poor substitute.)

and the #1 public miscperception about me?

1. There are coded messages to my muses, buried in my poems. (Nonsense. pssst, Brigit, meet you at stanza two, opus 224, the usual time...)

later, peoples.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved