Monday, December 19, 2005

last minute gift ploy

E.J.'s idea...I give full credit.

Between now and Christmas, for those people who suddenly realize they are stuck for a gift idea...if you order a book (or several books) from my bookstore (my books, autographed, shipped for free)...I'll not only throw in a copy of my 1997 now out-of-print "PANTHEON" I will also give you the out for your forgetfulness via an email which reads:

"We apologize for the delay in shipping your order by Christmas. We were, frankly, overrun by last minute orders and are expected a new shipment of books in a few days. Rest assured that your order will got out promptly. Please accept this additional book as a token of our embarrassment, and look for your book(s) within the next 5-7 business days."

Good idea? This way last minute shoppers (whether truly last minute shoppers or people who forgot someone and need a last mnute gift idea) can save face and handle their orders, direct from the internet.

I saluter you, Mr. E (I was going to call you "Mister T" - but I pity the fool who calls you that)

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved