Tuesday, December 06, 2005

if you are reading this..."phew"

Don't know what happened with Blogger last night...for a time, anyone trying to reach my Blog was greeted with a "Not Found" message. But all seems well enough now.

I am expecting the next three days to be excruciatingly busy. Of course, I like it that way.

Saw former President Jimmy Carter on "The Daily Show" last night. I have always said he is a great person, but was just not designed to be President. He's a decent, intelligent and articulate man. We aren't in love with that in our leaders. He lacked the self-absorbed recklessness we view as a necessary element to lead. He was always a little too Christian to be a good President. Never met one person in whom both could exist...the worldy pragmatic demands of higher office conflict with basic Christian values. It would be possible to be a Senator or in Congress and stick by the rules, but if a President tried to...he or she would be out of office (or dead) or both in a matter of days.

Got another call from another bill collector looking for my ex yesterday. I had to honestly tell him I have no idea where she is or if she is even alive. Had I known I would've just politely declined to answer his questions. I'd rather know something, but for some reason...silence keeps me company in that regard.

Friday's read for the Union Mission fundraiser in Fairmont on Friday should be fun. I'll select my read list on Thursday.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved