Monday, April 10, 2006

two more questions...that leaves 5, right?

Okay, the two questions from earlier I promised to answer today:

Why is your site called The City of Legends?
Fair enough question. About ten years ago I put up my first site, on Earthlink, and because there were so many stories floating around about me, I called it a "city of legends". A little later on, when I was being hounded by this obsessed dude in LA who believed my website's being on Earthlink meant I was a Scientologist, I decided to get my own domain. Some camper was squatting on williamfdevault.com, and yet another had grabbed my monogram, so I purchased the cityoflegends.com domain.
It's that simple. I recently got a query from someone wanting to know if I would be willing to sell the domain, but he never got back in touch with me...

What's your favourite poem to read in public?
A good question, it often depends on the crowd and my mood, and who is there. If a muse is in the house, I like to do pieces about her...but if not...I guess it would come down to a handful, including "I rained poetry", "Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion" and "from out of the city".

Oh...I found out this evening that the Barnes & Noble in Morgantown where I will be reading and signing books on the 22nd (and West Virginia's Poet Laureate Eileen McKinney will be appearing on the 29th!) has also stocked up on LOVE GODS OF A FORGOTTEN RELIGION (Yes, Tag, I know it is a great book title...but I said I was decommissioning it, dagnabit.)

Anyway, did you know that with a Barnes & Noble members card you could, conceivably, buy THE COMPLETE PANTHER CYCLES, 101 GREAT LOVE POEMS, LOVE GODS OF A FORGOTTEN RELIGION and FROM AN UNEXPECTED QUARTER at my appearance, get them all signed and save almost seven dollars in discounts? And hear me read!

So come down, buy the damn books, hear me read and let's show the planet that the digital renaissance has broken down the walls and we're storming the high ground.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved