Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm not dead yet

I had a surreal moment this afternoon, one which made me feel like the feeble old man in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" who is thrown into the dead wagons despite his protestations that "I'm not dead yet".

There, on my StatsCounter page...a single Google query that lead a websurfer to my media webpage at www.cityoflegends.com...

"what year was William F Devault born and when did he die?"

What?

Um...over here!

I'm not dead yet. I have my moments of impatience for the worms, but despite some pretty impressive eforts, both intentional and unintentional, on the part of critics, peers, lovers, friends and the occasional wife, I'm still alive.

And, no, I wasn't "coughing up blood, just this morning."

Really, I am alive...I have witnesses. (E.J. wants to start a betting pool on the year of my death...my problem with this is that he'd put all his money on 2006, then have me whacked.)

So if you hear Dan McTaggart muttering "I buried William" backwards masked on my CD, or read some form of obscure mysticism into a photo you may see of me, keep it to yourself. I'm doing fine. Just going quietly nuts, standing by the pile of ashes, waiting for a phoenix to emerge.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved