Sunday, April 16, 2006

comparative sales rankings: Amazon versus Barnes&Noble

Current sales rankings of my books:

If we go by the numbers at Barnes and Noble (bn.com), the order of my books, in terms of sales, are:

101 Great Love Poems (paperback)
101 Great Love Poems (hardback)
The Compleat Panther Cycles
From an Unexpected Quarter
Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion

If we go by the numbers at Amazon.com, the order is slightly different:

The Compleat Panther Cycles
101 Great Love Poems (paperback)
101 Great Love Poems (hardback)
Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion
From an Unexpected Quarter

(TCPC jumps ahead of the 101GLP volumes and "Love Gods" and "Unexpected Quarter" trade places)

Note I am leaving off limited distribution titles from my catalog, which includes:

PanthEon
The Morgantown Suite Poems
INVOCATO
From Out of the City

What is to be made of all of this? Beats the heck out of me.

My head hurts...I hate. hate. hate. hate dealing with the business end of things...I spent my years as a purgatoried project manager with corporate America. I was good at it. damn good at it, I just lacked the willingness to trade my soul for it (one VP at CSC said that I should have been a minister instead of a project manager. If only he had paid attention, he might have learned something valuable.)

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved