Thursday, April 13, 2006

the new flyer and the 9th question

This is the "official flyer" for my reading next Saturday...(click on it for a larger view)...

wow, it looks like I actually wrote a book...or four...

feels good.

Hey, question #9...

What scares you?
People I care for being at risk. Whether it's a grown child of mine dropping off the face of the planet for an evening or being unable to confirm the status of friends and loved ones after a national disaster, it rips me up inside. I'm not particularly afraid of pain or death, but put someone I care about at risk and I'll turn inside out over it. It's my Achilles heel, but as weaknesses go, I'll take it over cruelty, vindictiveness, disingenuousness and emotional retardation. I was once told someone I loved was doomed. It...changed me...I spent the next few years of my life so involved in keeping them safe that I paralyzed my own life. It was pretty grim.

Okay...one to go...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved