Sunday, April 02, 2006

MUSINGS in the digital age

Okay, we know why the universe tries to conspire to keep me from being alone...because I get my best ideas when alone. The kind of madness that spawned the whole FROM AN UNEXPECTED QUARTER podcasts and the decision to do THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES. All were born while I was flying down the road, en route to or returning from visits with my incredible sons, Dante and Elric.

Hey, these are my sons, I named them as I willed, you can name your kids whatever you want.

Anyway, I am going to add another labour of Hercules to my 2006 schedule...a CD. Probably about 30-35 minutes of material, the music-poetry fusions I've been dabbling in, a la the recent "Kisses for Karma" that is getting great attention, internationally.

I'm tenative calling the project MUSINGS, as it will be poems about my muses. The criteria for selection will not be the place on the relationship arc we were at when the poem was spawned, but how well the poem lends itself to the "fusion format". If you are one of the muses and can think of a piece that you want me to consider, or if you are not a muse but likewise can think of a piece that might led itself to this format, drop me a line (the link is on the blog). I know that the Valkyrie, Brigit, The Angel, Alabaster, Psyche, The Truth, The Selke, The Mad Gypsy and the Panther have all at least visited this blog...some visit regularly.

When is this to come out? Beats me, I have to take a look at my schedule and see what hapens when I sit down to record and compose instrumental tracks. Might be this Summer, might be by Christmas.

We shall see.

(oh, E.J....thanks for behaving yourself)

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved