Friday, April 28, 2006

a little me time

Einstein was right - speak to a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a second. I had that experience today...and, driving home, I smiled. No, a real smile. A face-swallowing, jaw bending, cheek twisting smile.

It wasn't directly invoked by meeting her, but indirectly. Nevertheless, the word "smitten" did come to mind, to describe my state and status. I feel like a man, waking up after a long nap, slowly becoming aware of the scent of grilling meat and hot bread.

Hey, I am still alive. The premature burial that has been attempted on me by so many, some for their own purposes, some as a side effect of their actions, has failed. The clock still withholds its judgement.

I'm going to grab a shower and head to B&N to write. I have two books to complete and a podcast to wrap this very evening, but I deserve a little me time.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved