Monday, April 10, 2006

pleasing everyone

I got a comment on one of my poems the other day...not the usual, anonymous snipe-from-cover BS you see, but an actual comment from a fellow writer...

He was gracious, and made suggestions to improve ther work (in other words, to make it more like what he would have written)...I left his comments up for a few days, then deleted them. I felt bad for him, actually, as he obviosuly has read nothing of my works on writing and poetic theory or he knows a) I don't rewrite and b) I don't rewrite to please the palates of others.

Okay, maybe for a particularly choice redhead...but not for anyone else, most likely...

I had a shock the other day...someone where I work in my secret identity tried to access my blog from the office and received a computer warning that the site was blocked...didn't use to be...I mean, I don't use obscenities, vulgarisms, profanity or even mention by name, as best I recall, the company where I work...

ah, freedom of speech, the American way...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved