Friday, April 21, 2006

Recituri te salutamus

Tomorrow is the signing at Barnes & Noble...I'm ready. I've locked down those components inside my head necessary to get out there and play. It should be a good event...I have no idea how sales will go, or how many peope will be there, but the Daily Athenaeum and the Dominion Post have both publicized the event, as has the B&N store itself. I feel like Matt Santos on "The West Wing"...everyone else has done their job, now its my role to step up and get it done.

Tag won't be there, he has a comics convention in Pittsburgh. Hey, to each their own. Several old friends have said they'll attend...many of them people who have never seen me read before (and store readings are notoriously the worst venues for performance...too many distractions, too little control) but I am resolved to do my best. I'm going to get out and do non-poetry things tomorrow to get my space defined. I am also taking a stack of copies of PanthEon (I have my stash) to offer as free enticements to those who do buy books tomorrow. One more book out in the world to be picked up and read at the right time to move a person's mind and heart and soul.

Thanks to all of you who have commented on this week's podcast...it was fun, as always.

My little treatise on the poetic elements this morning has got me thinking...too hard. My brain hurts.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved