Monday, April 03, 2006

feeling confidence

Started on MUSINGS last night...by the time the time change and the weekend had caught up with me I had the roots of three compositions, those for Brigit, Valkyrie and The Panther. Also I have, rattling round in the back of my head, elements for The Selke, Psyche, The Truth and The Leopard.

There's a glee to being on the wire...charged, emotionally, with the energy of creation...to quote Bob Fosse's alter-ego/avatar Joe Gideon in "All That Jazz": "To be on the wire is life, everything else is waiting."

I've already got a good idea which poems will stand for some of the young women in MUSINGS, but I am being circumpsect and open minded.

Something had shifted inside me, there's an artistic confidence I feel that I never had before. Not an arrogance, that is a different flavour, it is like comparing hardcore lust to totally absorbed romanticisim...there are similar elements (both usually involve, at least in my universe, some serious futon time...) but there is a difference. Perhaps I am making, literarily, the transition from liquid creativity to crystalline creativity. God, I hope not...I've been straddling that mile-high fence forever and do not want to lose the quicksilver behind my adamantine moments.

If I catch any of you placing bets in E.J.'s "How much longer can he hold out?" pool, I will snort derisively at you. I expect this crap from him, not from you.

Well, a morning to perfect, a day to live and an evening to lay more music together like railroads tracks to an uncertain light in the distance.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved