Monday, April 24, 2006

lucky in editing...

I think I have gotten more emails in the last 48 hours from people upset they'd missed the book signing/reading on Saturday than attended it.

Don't worry...I'm not dead yet, and this is going to be an unbelievable year. I've been working on the two new books and the upscaling of THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS, plus it looks like Daniel S. McTaggart and I will be doing at least one (and maybe more) joint promotional appearnces for our books.

So, life is getting more interesting. Now, about this very complicated young woman I have my eye on...

As to RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE and 101 GREAT EROTIC POEMS, the work is well underway.

I have decided to stick with the "ronin" instead of "a ronin" in the title for a more universal feel, as ronin can be both singular and plural.

As for 101GEP...it is going to be previously unbound works (those having not appeared in any book) designed to make us all victims of our more feral instincts. Every poem, a seduction. I am unleashing the full amomancer can of whupp ass on this one.

Either of these volumes would be a life's worthy work. Both in one year? I must be nuts. A very attractive lady of my acquaintance, earlier today, spoke to me and said that I probably write better when I am miserable and between relationships. I told her I write best when in a relationship...I edit better when I am undistracted by a lover. But I would gladly surrender it all to return to the fire. Let someone else edit me.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved