Wednesday, April 19, 2006

a quick update

If you're interested in what I'm up to this year, as pertains to my books, I'd make sure to check out this week's podcast when I bring it up later this week, Major, major news about my books.

Thank you all for your hearty response to "hold the bridge"...this remarkable poem came to me as pure and direct as a kiss for an unsuspected admirer.

I note the reliance on Horatius at the bridge as the underlying allegory. The call to arms against cultural decay in the face of the evils of mediocrity. Jesus said you don't light a candle to put it under a basket, but we have a culture, here in the West, that celebrates mediocrity and aberrant plainness, whie worshipping violence, greed and excess.

Excess of excellence is good. Excess of vice is not. Let's not mince words. No form of stagnation has ever benefitted society. No war worth winning was ever won by moral cowardice. There are hard choices ahead. Sacrifice must be made. Greys must be parted into darkness and light.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved