Sunday, April 30, 2006

confirming contents and some passionate echoes

I have been up now for several hours. And when I'm up, I'm up.

So I have been working on both of this year's releases, 101 GREAT EROTIC POEMS and the ever popular RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE...and here's some word.

I will confirm the following twenty works being amongst the 101 in 101GEP:

*warm breath stirs soft flesh (you already knew of this one)
*a summoned fire
*as I slide into you
*feral with desire
*genii
*feralities
*follow with your legs
*how would you have me touch you?
*kiss not the sky
*lust bunnies
*open, you to me
*passion sympoetique (yes, I know, technically 3 poems, but I am counting them as 1)
*passion, play
*seduction
*the lover
*the priest of passion serves the sacrament
*urgent heat
*the taste of remembrance
*she dances away when I awake
*flint to my steel

I can also confirm that "Love is an Howling Beast" will appear in RONIN...

as well as the following work, entitled "Passionate Echoes"

At the edge of the sedge, withered,
or up upon my Damoclesian ledge, weathered
whims and feathered and leathered wings
furl and curl and give themselves to surly
kindness unrevoked and unprovoked.
The charity of love. Abstract to the plainsong
people who hum and thrum and play chum
to the sharks parking in the slipstreams
to fill their gills with a spider's hunt,
laying in wait. Fate that plays each card
like a Tarot gambler, wands for cups.

And I hear your voice, a blistered whisper
in a cathedral cut into the face of the cliffs,
the face of my cliffs, ancient stone displaced
for your esteem, for the redemption you...
represented. At least in a case of mistaken identity.
The plenty horn, the sentry's scorn and
the fiddler's riddle, melodies played for purpose,
where the dread dead bled in a bed spread
before them like a croupier's domain,
where you can still hear my voice, if you listen.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved