Friday, October 20, 2006

This and that and everything else

Decent turn out last night at Barnes & Noble. Tamara from Tha.Speakeasy, a local open microphone gig at 123 Pleasant Street, showed and brought many of her crew, so it was a great opportunity for synergy. We also had myself, Dan McTaggart, and a brief visit from local author Daleen Berry, who braved the traffic the rain and her own cold to put in some face time.

I think the event on Election Day has a real shot of being a major moment. We'll work towards that.

Mundane life. I checked my online banking with my credit union this morning, and I could not access my account, due to their database having problems. So I zipped over to the local Sheetz to check my balance and pull some cash. Sorry, their ATM was down and out, so I went all the way over to Star City to the Sheetz there to find a working ATM. In the rain. In morning traffic. Bleah.

Fantastic response to "Darfur" still pouring in, and some previews by some musicians and writers I have leaked the CD, "Nemicorn", to are praising highly the "tribal aspect" of "Brisant Revelations". If you want to hear it, you can link to it on MySpace at the band's site and give a listen. I admit that while my vocals on the piece are odd, they are strangely compelling.

William F. DeVault and the Gods of Love at MySpace

1 comments:

James McGinley said...

Bravo!

Your mentioning Darfur in your blogging is imperative. And as doubtless you have noticed, blogging volume regarding Darfur has plummeted. Thank you for your efforts.

We are hopelessly stalled in Saving Darfur. But it is only hopeless if we-the-citizens continue to be bystanders risking little or no cost to ourselves.

Please help promote what must fast become our role models; nothing less will stop the Genocide:
DARFUR HEROES: Santa Clara Univ Vigil & Fast
http://darfurdyingforheroes.blogspot.com/2006/10/darfur-heroes-santa-clara-univ-vigil.html

More Darfur Heroes at DARFUR Dying for Heroes
http://darfurdyingforheroes.blogspot.com/

Thank you, Rosemary, Dave, Mary Rachel, Jay coming up on week three of
Rescue Darfur Fast-Till-Genocide-Stops
http://darfurdyingforheroes.blogspot.com/2007/09/join-rescue-darfur-fast-till-it-stops.html

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved