Sunday, October 22, 2006

Access to the Poet

I have been asked "How do I lay hands on your books and CDs?"

Fair question, and one I should answer.

You can order most of my books through any bookstore, even online at Amazon and bn.com.

I also have my own bookstore at The City of Legends Store where you can get many of my books, as well as Dan McTaggart's brilliant "Midnight Muse in a Covenience Store" and my CD "The Last Romantic Verb". My prices tend to be lower than bookstores, and you get custom autographs.

Lastly, on the topic of books, you can go to my publishers, most recently lulu.com and purchase many of my books, as well as "The Last Romantic Verb". They don't come pre-autographed, as when you get them from the City Store, but their prices tend to be lower than chain stores.

If you just want to listen to me, you can go to www.archive.org and find many of my recordings, some of them old and badly done, but there's fun in that, too.

You can also go to the MySpace site for my band William F. Devault and the Gods of Love. I think all the tracks I am right now sharing off of there are from the new CD, "Nemicorn", which should be out in another week or two.

You can also just go to my "City of Legends Radio" Page ( www.cityoflegends.com/radio.html) and listen to many of my works.

Enough? Not nearly enough. But, I am working on it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

More RE:Keep working on it.

Many libraries have collection development policies that exclude print on demand publications. Loopholes? Yup.
Keep working on it.

I think, and I'm no expert, that many people still have no access to computers, cannot afford DSL, and are uncomfortable paying for anything online. That part of the population is being denied the pleasure of your work because they are not technologically savvy. Not your responsibility to reach all of the people, all of the time, but do you really want to exclude that part of the population from your talent? If you want to make the largest splash, people need to know about you. Not everyone knows about blogs, even in 2006

Something to think about.

Miss Remissed

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved