Monday, October 30, 2006

Early Returns on Nemicorn Tracks (part II)

Wanted to share a few comments from individuals I've tapped to serve as reviewers of tracks for "Nemicorn". Some interesting things said.

Alan MacDonald, of the Alan MacDonald Band, one of the best journeymen musicians you will encounter and a boyhood friend of mine, gave one serious piece of advice: To keep "A Passion, Unrelenting".

Matt Hinton, a writer who is one of my throwback cronies from my days with the AOL Writers Club, said several things of interest about selected tracks:

*"Thunder Out of Valhalla": "My favorite of all of these. The percussion acts as the melody line, and is both compelling and effective."

*"Pink Jade - Soft as Dawn": "Good jazz. Excellent blending of narration and score."

*"Again, the Nemicorn": "This works perfectly."

*"A Passion, Unrelenting": Keep this, both for its own sake and for the nice change in instrumentation. Lovely -- among my favorites."

*"Brisant Revelations": "Ghostly -- fog music. Rhythms in the main body work well, and the ending was very good."

*"Texture of Your Tongue": "Overall, reminiscent (in a good way) of Santana."

*"Right Set of Lips": "Pleasant, evocative -- a reverie."

Pam Fries, an old friend and the person who can take credit for the idea behind my CD "The Naked Reads" said that she "surprised myself, I liked this one" over "Joining the Machine".

As you can see, the results are still early...I can tell you that right now, barring a major reversal, I would have to say that

DARFUR
A PASSION, UNRELENTING
LOVE GODS (MULTIVOX)
PINK JADE - SOFT AS DAWN
RIGHT SET OF LIPS
FALLING AND FALLEN ANGELS
JOINING THE MACHINE
and
ONCE AGAIN, THE NEMICORN

are mortal locks. Regardless of the final poll, I will almost certainly place DAMASCUS III in there, as well.

We'll know more tomorrow.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved