Friday, October 27, 2006

Considering the nakedity of it all

I have received a few notes from people, requesting specific poems for inclusion in "The Naked Reads", my forthcoming CD of unvarnished poetry readings, and there are a few surprises along the way.

First, let me start by granting or denying a few wishes:

"The Unicorns" - In. How can I refuse? This poem may be older than most of my hard-core readers, but it is durable and I sometimes even myself marvel at the elegance of it. I don't know if I have exceeded it since.

"Damascus, Movement 3" - Out. Sorry, it is already opening the CD "Nemicorn", coming out at the same time. I just couldn't. Yes, I love the piece and yes, I read it well and yes it has resonance...but I am sick to death of the ruins of that marriage. Move on, people, move on. I did.

"The Arms of the Dragon" - In, and with gladness. I want to nail this sucker.

Actually, nothing from "Damascus", "The Panther Cycles", "The Selke Cycles", "The Leopard Cycles" or "The Goldenheart Cycles".

"Radiant Tigers" - In, with a bullet.

"night of a thousand colours" - In.

There will be pieces from "The Morgantown Suite Poems" and "Pink Jade".

And several classics and surprises. I will release this CD concurrent with "Nemicorn". They will be available for purchase, along with my first CD "The Last Romantic Verb" through lulu.com and the City of Legends bookstore, individually, and I will arrange a set for a discount.

If you have an internet radio station, a college or local radio show that likes something literate and/or offbeat, drop me a line and I will be happy to grant permission to use the pieces. I just want to be asked. In part so I can give you some free publicity.

Pieces of me. That's what there is when you're the patchwork man.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved