Sunday, October 15, 2006

The fruit of my loins

Here's one of the old photos we dug up the other day...from your left to right, I'd like to introduce you to the twins, the legendary Dante Christian Arthur DeVault and Elric Ransom Arthur DeVault, when they were but little bitty babies in their proper car seats.

Dante is the one looking at the camera with the superior air of an alien grandmaster bemused by your impertinence at trying to take his picture with a primitive device. Judging from his IQ scores, that probably isn't far from the truth.

The boys are now 13. The Nissan Quest that they were in when this shot was taken was totalled with only me on-board when an elderly gentleman on his way to work ran a stoplight at 70 miles per hour and t-boned me. It was the accident to be referred to later as "God's Alarm Clock". The car seats you see were shattered by the force of the impact, letting us know that had I not been the only one in the car, there would have been fatalities. The front passenger's seat did not exist after the hit.

The other driver received a $25.00 fine. I had three months of physical therapy and a new outlook on life.

"Are you mad, woman? I haven't got fruit in my loins! Lice, yes, and proud of 'em!" - Yellowbeard

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved