Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Late night addendum

Tag and I are getting together later this week to go over the contents of PSALMS OF THE MONSTER RIVER CULT, so we can get that volume further down the road. Let's roll.

The attention that "Darfur (Jesus Wept)" is getting is very gratifying. I am hoping to do anything I can to bring this issue as far forward in the world's consciousness as possible. We fight too many wars for no real purpose other than to expend ordnance to the profit of the businesses who build them. If we spent a fraction of the money we spent on invading Iraq to build schools, research new medicines and fight hunger, we would be a better planet and Americans would be more respected and loved in te world.

We have made the world a more dangerous place through our arrogance.

A press release is coming out on the 11th, promoting the single of "Darfur"...I struggled with the decision to take this step, but what is one man if he does not step forward when his voice is needed. I am not sure that I can change many minds, advance the agenda much, but if everyone stepped this far...perhaps we could save some lives, end some of the suffering.

I find myself more enchanted with Jasmine every time I see her. Perhaps for naught, but I am still at great peace with my affection for her. I have been writing. Writing. Writing. Like I need more material?

Still looking forward to see what sort of turnout we get at the open microphone reading at Barnes & Noble in Morgantown on the 19th. I have been very disappointed by the lackluster showing by local high school and college students, perhaps we can lure them out into the light.

Enough. I need some rest.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved