Sunday, October 29, 2006

An American Father, Redux

I see that E.J. has posted my anti-war poem "An American Father" at the Amomancer blog ( http://amomancer,blogspot.com). In this politically-charged season, I welcome the revival of that work.

What a long, strange road it has been from Southern Baptist pro-Reagan, pro-Viet Nam War kid to the pacifist, Quaker poet I now am. People who approved of me then take little pleasure in me now. And those who despised and disputed my beliefs then now treat me with an odd paranoia, as if I am a narc (I am still extremely anti-drug. Don't let the ponytail fool you, it is a religious and stylistic choice, not a signal that I am tolerant of those who use, distribute and endorse irresponsible behaviour.)

Several of my friends and associates with backgrounds as writers and musicians have volunteered to help me stay sane by reviewing the tracks for "Nemicorn"...the project should complete tomorrow evening. If you want to be part of it, dear reader, drop me a line and I'll see about giving you access to the soundfiles...18 tracks, and one or two, at least, are not going to make it to this CD.

I will be posting a podcast tonight, so keep your eyes and ears open. Take care, God bless. Peace.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved