Friday, October 27, 2006

A quote is but...

Well, the mystery thins...according to latest and greatest information, the mysterious quotation of me was made on a show on HGTV, in a show about creating artistic trash cans by spray painting one's own graffiti on them.

Not a bad idea, actually.

The way it was recounted to me, the quote:

"A quote is just a tattoo on the tongue"

was paraphrased, but attributed, as

"A quote is just graffiti on the tongue"

which is fine with me, especially since it was attributed.

To my best knowledge, this is the first recorded incident of my being a type-2 meme source (type-1 is a direct quote, type-2 is an attributed paraphrase, type-3 is iconization or institutionalization, as I understand it).

I went to the website for HGTV ( www.hgtv.com) and found reference to a program that was broadcast yesterday morning, the 26th, from a series entitled "B. Original" featuring host Michele Beschen, entitled "B. Original with Graffiti Art" that seems to fit the time and topic my mother's friends mentioned...

I've dropped them an email to see if I can get a clip, or a link, or something, to share...in the meantime, if you happen to see if show, drop me a line and let me know.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved