Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Naked approach

I am now working on the framework for my CD "THE NAKED READS".

Conceived after an old friend, Pam, commented that she preferred my naked
readings to the ones with music, filtering and special effects on "THE LAST
ROMANTIC VERB", it will be nothing but me, a microphone and my words.

I am currently selecting the poems to be on it...so if you have a piece of mine
you'd like to hear me read...drop me a line or leave me a comment or send
me a telegram. I will, within reason, try to oblige.

Noblesse oblige, you know.

[In a sudden Crazy Ivan move, I found an interesting quote about the topic of
"noblesse oblige" at Wikipedia:

"Indeed you can usually tell when the concepts of democracy and citizenship
are weakening. There is an increase in the role of charity and in the worship
of volunteerism. These represent the élite citizen's imitation of noblesse
oblige; that is, of pretending to be aristocrats or oligarchs, as opposed to
being citizens." — John Ralston Saul

Gee, someone should clue in the current administration on this point. Oh,
they already know? Back to our main theme.]

There are several pieces I will make sure to include, favourites of
mine...pieces I like reading as they are well-worn, well-honored or fun to
wrap my tongue around.

Note to my private life followers: The Jasmine issue should achieve a
reasonable semblance of a wrap up later today. Then again, maybe not. Who
can predict the whims and wishes of a woman? I gave up a long time ago.

2 comments:

Billy Jones said...

Okay, let me know how it works-- if there's enough money in it I might get naked too.

Who am I kidding, I've looked in the mirror....

Anonymous said...

Curiosity is killing the cats.

What has happened to Jasmine?
Where her wishes realized? Were yours?

Is your heart still in one piece?
Is hers?

Will we all have to tune in tomorrow?

Mystery, poetry and romance all in one spot, imagine!

Miss Interpret

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved