Thursday, September 28, 2006

Working on the Darfur Track

The work continues on "Darfur: Jesus Wept".

I have laid the percussion tracks and begun to assemble the lyrics. I am pleased and impressed with the result. I am considering adding it to the Nemicorn CD...or perhaps soliciting other cyber artists to put together a CD to raise money (and, perhaps more importantly, awareness) so that we can really, really empower the juggernaut.

I am considering this.

But first, the work of the creation of the singular work. A work that communicates the horror, the power, the sorrow, the evil and the complacency of the Western world in all of this. If you hear noises from the house next door indicating someone is breaking in, and do nothing, you must accept some complicity in what happens to your neighbors.

I will not remain silent while this violent and perverse fate befalls so many. We are surrendering our claims of political and moral superiority. We are too busy to do the real work of the Christian faith, caring for our neighbors.

"When did we ignore your suffering and death, My Lord?" "When you turned a blind eye to others' suffering."

I am heartsick at the hypocrisy.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved