Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The essence of the poem

I have been working, almost constantly today, on the essence of the work I am assembling to reflect the nature and emotion of the genocide of Darfur, and have selected my keystone:

John 11:35

Anyone familiar as I am with the scriptures of The Holy Bible, on which the entirety of the Christian faith is built, will know that passage. The shortest one in The Bible:

"Jesus wept".

I know no more perfect exprssion of sorrow and rage and pain than that, that our actions can lead the incarnation of God himself to cry. The most arrogant of hypocrites must accept the purity of that gesture.

Now, the Amomancy begins. Let us see if my magic is undiminished by my own tears, shed in selfish sorrow in these past few years. Let us see if I am up to a task worthy of my inception.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved