Sunday, September 10, 2006

The act of sleep

Happy Birthday. (You know who you are). I hope that life is being kind to you and you are finding what you want and need. Pax vobiscum.

Less than 48 hours before my plane lifts. I'm bustling, trying to make sure everything is covered. I will try to make AudioBlogger entries from the road, and step into an internet cafe or two in the Los Angeles area to post (if you know any good ones in the LA - Santa Barbara area, drop me a note and I'll be happy to plug them when I use them).

I admitted to my grandmother yesterday that I am considering returning to LA permanently next year. She got upset. She reminded me of how little money she got by on when she was a working woman. The problem is, thanks to my own abused charity, I am in a position where I must work and generate a great deal of money in order to satisfy my creditors, or risk having all my intellectual property lost to idiots when I die. I had originally wanted to cede it to a good friend, but when I discovered she was incompetent and dishonest in these matters, I realized I would have to take care of everything in advance.

It would be so much simpler to just, like most people, give up and rot. I'll still be throwing punches at fate from my deathbed. It's not in my nature to quit. I resent even the act of sleep, it robs me of time I could be using in a more meaningful manner.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Feel the orders that are pecking at you.....and I know that your artistry will win. It may be the reason I celebrate you as a human ! I am with you as you send your daughter off...a proclaimed outsider to her own emotional life. She may never know your true connection with her, because she may never know your part of who she is.....the part that is liberated and celebrated, not for what she does, is , or appears to accomplish, just because she is 1/2 of you and you choose to claim her as yours. That will never diminish what we all know as your dedication and celebration of her as an individual. You are a Father..an Artist and a child of West Virginia.......keep ringing your soul for all to hear, I if not alot of others value your being! Someday...we may meet and I will hold you close and you will feel and know that another heard your plea,.....I am a living and caring human and I am worthy as a lover, a father, a contributer to the furterence of society and a writer of poetry....Bill was here!!!!!!!

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved