Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Topanga Canyon Dreamin'

Even though it is barely inching towards 7 pm here, the gloaming has begun. Night comes early, which is fine for a city that does not know repose. When I move back, to stay, I will welcome that return to the shadows. I enjoyed it the last time. I have always resented sleep, especially when alone. Being compelled to give up effort and conscious thought for hours at a time was and is maddening.

Of course, to me a bed has only a secondary function of being a place to sleep.

I have had a lot of time, being sort of trapped in this twilight between home and the wedding, isolated from those I usually commune with. And with this time comes thought. Contemplation. An idle mind is the devil's chainsaw.

Just call me Poulan.

I am working on several major pieces, both on paper and in my head. No, add to that on my hands and arms...I have recently taken to writing on my skin. I don't know why, except paper is not always available.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved