Sunday, September 24, 2006

Full tilt boogie

My brain hurts.

I am back, full-tilt, in the whirlwind. I was up late last night and early this morning, working on some new tracks for the CDs and polishing the podcast. I was I had Alan to help me with making some tough decisions regarding the CD...but I suspect he's up to his eyebrows in projects as well.

I am very pleased with a short new track entitled "Damascus 3"...as it is a clean, complex rendering of one of my favourite works (you know, the one that starts out "Aphrodite does not barter her beauty for hollow promise"...and ends with an ironic pronouncement as to the durability of my second marriage "Rome was no illusion...this time")

Third time's the charm.

The podcast is shaping up nicely, as a celebration and tribute to my daughter's wedding. I'm still running off of some stored emotional charge from that (the wonderful patchwork of joy, love, peace, glee and hostility I encountered...and that was before the ceremony).

Chanda, from Barnes and Noble, has asked me to take over their open microphone event, starting in October, I have agreed. We have a meeting this week to work out terms and conditions. I think I'll see how far I can have TOTAL CREATIVE CONTROL. Yes, unlikely, but you know me, I hate inheriting a project without the authority to fulfill my responsibilities.

I am also scouting for a cover for THE NAKED READS, my other CD. I am considering using a woman's nude back. Tasteful, and an opportunity for a model to get herself on a CD cover. The pay is non-existent, but there would be a free copy of the CD (of course) and the ability to add that to one's modeling resume.

If you are a model or a photographer with the right pic or back, let me know. I am dubious about backs with tattoos, as they lack the classic cleanness we need. Defacing a beautiful woman's body is no way to celebrate it. I'd approach the model who is going to do the cover for my book RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE, but she has a back tattoo.

Nice face. Excellent figure. Ink.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved