Friday, September 29, 2006

Filling in this morning

I'm posting for the poet this morning, as he is so intent on his Darfur-themed work that he sees little else. He gets this way, being the obsessive-compulsive genius that he is. I haven't seen him this taken with a cause not in a denim skirt in years. While I approve of his cause and back him 12,000%, I hope this doesn't signify a change in priorities. It's fun being the intellectual wingman to the god of love and sex. He sent me some clips of some of the music. Provocative and he is obviously either putting in much time, or is very inspired. Or both.

He sent me some statistics on the conflict in the Sudan. Staggering. Placed in context next to other "tragedies" (some hijacked planes hitting the World Trade Center, a missing photogenic teenager in Alabama, I have to think badly of the media outlets in this country. Intellectual cowards with the agendae of pimps. They have no true sense of right or wrong, and no gravitas.

He shared with me an email his friend Nordette Adams sent him yesterday, pointing out a blog that quoted him. The title was his famous quote that "A quote is just a tattoo on the tongue." Funny blog, written by two ladies that, if I read this right, live just about an hour from him.

Must be something in the water.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved