Friday, September 08, 2006

Racing for the cliffs

Four days (actually 3 and a half) before I go to Los Angeles. The anticipation is killer.

I found, after much searching, what may be a major part of my gift to Peri and Brian. They are theatre people. And one of her favourite movies is "The Breakfast Club".

And, guess who is appearing in a Los Angeles based production of Bob Fosse's "Sweet Charity"? Yep. Molly Ringwald. Except for the possibility of scheduling conflicts with other obligations they might have (always a pitfall when you are incredibly out of the loop) it at least is far more intimate a gift than a gift card. I am tired of being a generic person. An ATM card.

Received a series of fascinating notes from an old friend, Pam, this evening...analyzing my trouble with women (not historically, but my current lack of a romantic focus). She made some sound points. And she has a very attractive daughter...hmmmm. Wonder how she'd be as a Mother In Law?

I jest and jab, but emotionally I am depleted. The fire is just the last crusts burning hot. Without replenishment I would join the undead masses. Thank God for Los Angeles. Thank God for the Santa Ana Winds. Thank God for those few people in orbit around me at this time who at least lend me the illusion of affection.

Sometimes, illusions are all you need to stave off the hunger pangs. You still weary and die, but you do not notice the awful gap in sustenance.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved