Saturday, September 09, 2006

Three days until liftoff

We are working feverishly to finish a final track for the forthcoming CD, NEMICORN, before I leave for Los Angeles. Obviously, it is a priority.

The code name for the track is "Atlas Roars". I give my tracks code names at inception, to help keep me on vision as to the feel. Obviously I am going for a very aggressive, masculine, solid feel to this one, as opposed to the more etheric works of late. We proved with "Wordslinger" that we can rock out, and even recently with "We Owe Debt to Memory"...so I am not worried. The initial mixes are quite promising.

Regretfully I will not be able to spend as much time in the company of a few key people before I depart. Some of them I am already missing. Reality has a crooked smile and a wicked laugh and often tries to see how I will react to adversity. The Fates are not always kind, in the short term. I wonder if any surprises await me in the City of Angels.

I m still hoping/planning to attend Cobalt Cafe on Tuesday Night. I also still wish to go to to the desert in Wednesday. I have not stood in the ion streams of the Santa Ana Winds in more than half a decade and I feel the depletion. I am brutally aware of the wear I feel upon myself, just as a man with a bruised heel but miles from home still must walk, acknowledging within himself the pain. Sometimes the relationship with the pain becomes so intimate, you cannot recall a time before it was in your life. Nancy was right, I would be worn down, but not by my poetry (as she thought). I am so terrified to love again, it is disabling me.

I am hoping to get locale, loot and lovelife all working on the same track so I can finish this run I call a life with a purpose and a passion that marks this a comedy, not a drama, in the classic theatrical sense. We are only in the second act.

The Amomancer needs but the vaguest of energes restored to him, to rise again.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved