Saturday, September 02, 2006

Homework help and burning sofas

Halftime at the WVU-Marshall game. A strong showing by the Mountaineers. We'll see how they hold on in the second half.

By the way, I usually, this time of year (and again in a second wave in April (National Poetry Month)) get a lot of requests for assistance with term papers, research papers, homework and poetry deconstructions by enterprising high school and college students looking for an American poet who has not already been done to death.

Bring 'em on. I like helping on those projects and I particularly get a kick out of people with fresh angles (and, I have a lot of material to contribute to make projects custom and clever). Also, beautiful young women looking for fresh insights and their own shot at immortality. I may be smitten, but until she closes escrow, I am a free man. I also, often, donate copies of some of my books to the school libraries of the students who do these papers and projects.

Ten days until Los Angeles. It is hard to contain my excitement. I will come back as myself, not this wraithform shadow of who I once was. I am grateful to Peri, my daughter, for planning her wedding on the West Coast. Besides, I don't think she'd be thrilled with my bringing a date, and I probably would have if it was on the East Coast.

There's a line in the movies "Serendipity", spoken by Jeremy Piven's character "You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They only asked one question after a man died: 'Did he have passion?'"

My life will be answered with a resounding "Yes". Even by those who did not, could not, would not understand.

I have to run for a bit. A Faerie demands my attentions. Pardon. The Faerie. I'm waiting for her to invoke Joey Lauen Adams from 'Chasing Amy" and say "You are such my bitch...'

Hey, WVU won. 42-10. One more reason for vandalism and general bad conduct, but a hearty congratulations to my Alma Mater.

Technorati Tags

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved