Saturday, September 16, 2006

Santa Barbara. 09/16/2006. 1330 hours.

About 2-1/2 hours until the wedding (or, about two hours before I am allowed near the wedding site. frown.)...I am in the Internet Cafe in Santa Barbara right now, contemplating the parking situation closer to the wedding site...most likely I will have to walk a sizable distance to the wedding. Pariahs walk.

That's okay. If Peri is happy, healthy and safe I can stand the isolation.

No truly ironic surprises so far this trip. No mystery people surfacing. No former lovers popping out of the woodwork to seek a rekindling. Or my death. So...this is good.

The drive to Woodland Hills cleared my head a bit, and that was all good. I found Euromints, which seem to be what Penguin Mints have evolved into. Caffeinated mints, yum!

I bought four boxes. One for me, one for Peri, two for friends back home. I think I still have friends back home (of course, one should never count too heavily on the consistency of relationships...too many times they disintegrate or blow up at the most inconvenient times).

After the reception I shall probably return to Carpinteria and then head back to LA early tomorrow. I have previously stated I will be brunching at the LAX Hilton, but may skip that if I do not see a good reason to be in a pre-specified location.

I have made some decisions about my upcoming books and schedule...I'll reveal all of that on Tuesday.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved