Tuesday, November 29, 2005

virtual Mondays...bleah

blurbablurbablurb

waking up is so very hard to do...

some mornings.

Restless last night...truly restless. Today will be a day from hell, but I'm pretty resilient. I'm paying my Doogie-at-McDonald's dues by working beneath my level of experience for people who would have, at one time, maybe, been hired by me for second tier jobs...because that's the job market around here...and if I want to improve myself financially I either have to move back to where the market is for people with my resume or pucker harder. (Thanks, Ann.)

And I don't pucker that well.

My former divisional president at CACI once told me that my weakness as a manager was I do not choose my battles, that I fight all of them. Tactically, dead on. I don't apply as a criteria whether or not I can win, but whether there is motive to fight. I've championed more lost causes than I can count (look at my marital history!) But, I am sure you find this boring, I do.

Never heard further from the dancer I wrote the poem for last night. Don't even know if she read it, may never know. That's normal. I've found in this town poetry is often misinterpreted based on the worldview of the reader and onlookers. Since most people have to sit for a few hours with a thesaurus and a rhyming dictionary, people perceive you as having worked long hours and for a purpose. For me it is largely effortless and only in the moment. My motives are often complex and invisible (and sometimes, like a bird flying, just because "I can"). Mozart was often seen as diabolical. Moi aussi.

Got word yesterday that the Appalachian Education Initiative (AEI) will be getting my donation of their "Art&Soul" book to Morgantown High School today Not sure what channels they are using, but it will be intersting to see how it goes. Me, I am up to my edgy limits working on the podcasts. I'm decline spec work for now, too busy and can feel the threads unravelling that tell me when I am stretched to my limit.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved